Eastlake Renovations, Inc.

Contact the Certified Remodelers of Eastlake Renovations, Inc. at (847) 639-7402 and visit our website at http://www.EastlakeRenovations.com/.



Monday, March 1, 2010

Beat the Winter Blues By Bringing the Outside In

Yay! It's March 1st, which means another month closer to Spring. I don't know about you, but by this time of year, I have absolutely had it with snow and cold. I am very passionate about being out in nature and especially, gardening, but do not like to be cold, so that makes for a very long Chicagoland winter for me. After seeing an article on earth911.com, I have been inspired to change the paint color in one of our bathrooms from white to a springy shade of blue. And, of course after doing that, will have to buy new bath sheets, and who doesn't like the feel of a new, fluffy towel?! Along with painting, I will be regrouting the tile floor and cutting out the caulk around to tub and shower door to replace. Just the thought of having this little mini-facelift project on the horizon brightens my mood. How about you? Any little indoor project you could actually tackle now instead of customarily waiting until the spring/summer, like we all think we must?

Along with this mini project, I also saw a post on one of my favorite blogs about using a favorite dish as a plant dish for some small plants purchased from your local grocery store (or perhaps I might grace my beloved local nursery to find them - I MISS that place that again, I only think of during the spring/summer!). I have decided to get out a beautiful, crystal dish that we only use on Thanksgiving to serve as the plant dish. It was Randy's grandmother's and is much too beautiful to only use once a year to hold the cranberries. I can't wait to put this project together too to grace our kitchen table. I will also be making those insane cannolis this weekend - can't wait (check out my favorite blog to see what I'm talking about)! And, if you haven't already, now it is time to put away your winter decor and replace it with plants - either silk or real and spring/Easter decor. I put out our Easter decorations this past weekend and it was a definite mood booster!


I just have to add that my daughter and sister both work in a green-house and I get to see pictures and actual flowers that they come across in their work and received this beautiful picture in a text today. What a blessing it would be to daily work in such a warm, wonderfully smelling place filled with such beauty!


And last, but definitely not least, our most-awesome employees get to get back to work this week. It has been a quiet last two months, but that is about to change. I hope they rested up as from here on out, it's going to be an amazing 2010! Can't wait to have job pics to blog about!

Happy March, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment